Friday, September 4, 2009

People don't believe me that I'm deaf.

Okay. I'm getting tired of people say to me on youtube comments. I'm here to telling you the truth.


A lot of people asked me if I'm deaf or not. How many time I told you "YES" in billions times. Some people don't believe me and some people do believe me. One time someone comment me on my youtube videos and they said "Are you really deaf or are you just for fun in sign language?" and "If you are deaf and how can you hear the music?" and "Then if you have a hearing aid your not really that deaf? makes no sense!!" and also "If you have hearing aid then your not deaf!"
If you make fun of me being deaf or sign language or a mute person.
Okay what is your problem. I'm not here to yelling at you. I'm just telling you. It really upset me so much. That's hurt my feeling.
I lost my hearing loss when I was 2. I was thinking myself "Why Me, God...why?" I wish I could be normal but guess not. And my signing teacher taught me to learn sign language when I was in first grade that is when I was 7.
None of my family and my 17 year old brother is NOT deaf. I'm only deaf person in the family.
These you need to know....
1. Yes I am really deaf.
2. I can hear the music some of the words.
3. If you wonder how do I know the songs in the videos in sign language.
- I was following the lyrics words on youtube screen.
4.Yes I do have hearing aid that help me to hear better. I have one hearing aid on my right but used to be 2 hearing aids because my left couldn't hear nothing on hearing aid.
5. I can talk/speak in sign language. I'm not MUTE!
The reason why I really love into music since I was child.
I love to dance. I love to listening any music.
I was taken dance lesson for 6 years when I was 7 until 12 years old since the dance studio closed anymore. I was really sad because I miss the dance so much. I take the ballet/jazz lesson when I was 7 then year later I decide to take tap lesson when I was 8-12 years old then I decide to take baton lesson when I was 11-12 yrs old. All I have to memories the dance rounties in my head with the music that help me.
When I was in 8th grade at Jr.High School. I has been thinking myself that I want to be color guard in high school. I was thinking myself was like I think I can do it. When I went to color guard try out.....the flag pole is tough to learn...I was really getting so frustration (sp?) because I didn't know what am I doing to do....but I kept practicing and practicing more to get better. Then when I went into the room for trys out and I was like "Oh God please make it" I was thinking myself because you don't know if I can make it or not. Then I finally make it for color guard. I was the first deaf marching band. Yes I can hear the beats of horns.
Deaf people can do it!
You don't know what hearing aids or cochlear implant look like. (some people know what it is) If you don't know what is that so go look up the google.
So please don't make a fun of deaf or a mute people. They will hurt theirs feeling. I've done that happen before.
If you staring the person in sign language and you probably was like "What he/she was talking about?" or "What he/she talking about me?" Absolutely no.
For people you don't know the sign language. If a person come to you in sign language and if you don't know what he/she was saying to you. And write a paper down and say "I don't understand you what you say because I don't know sign language. Can you tell me what were you said?" No mean thing. Just try to be nice to person.
Sign Language is fun. People loves it. You would love it. If you want to learn sign language. Take a class or you can take a class in your college. That is not hard to learn sign language. Its really fun and its easy to learn.
Any questions?
Please ask me away.
I won't bite you.
I'm honestly nice.
=]
I hope you understand. Please just understand. Don't be mean to people.
I love you guys. You guys are the nicest people in the world!
-Ashley <3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock, Ashley!! Be strong and just keep doing what you've been doing, I love your youtube videos! You are so expressive and you look like you are having a lot of fun, so just ignore those mean people ;-)

I am similar to you in that I lost my hearing when I was 2 years old from meningitis, I also stopped wearing hearing aid in left ear when young as it couldn't hear out of it. I only wore one hearing aid in the right ear. But people thought that means I could hear, but I really can't cos my hearing is not that good. Im profoundly deaf. I just hear sounds, not the words. Anyway soon as I turned 25 I took my hearing aid out and never wore them again. I am much happier that way being in my silent world as the constant meaningless noises were giving me migraines and nosebleeds. People don't believe Im deaf cos I communicate well without my hearing aid. I am a good lipreader and I try to speak as clearly as I can, but if strangers don't understand me, I just write it down on a piece of paper. Oops it looks like I might as well start my own blog lol lol

Anyway, YOU ROCK girl!!! I admire you a lot ;-)

Lianne

Victoria Johnson said...

I think the fact you are so interested and involved with music is AMAZING! im actually in a ASL class. And My teacher talks about how deaf people are capable of more than we think. and you honestly have proved it to me. For example i was trying to learn the climb in sign language and found your video, and i could barely keep up! haha. But i just think that its so cool that you dont let the fact that your deaf come in the way of what you love (:

// viki